It’s that time again – the Celebrate Fort Collins Giveaway!
We’re in our 3rd year of hosting this giveaway, which has turned into the largest collaborative giveaway in the entire city of Fort Collins. NO JOKE.
It all started when the bloggers in the network came up with this crazy idea of a giveaway. We were thinking of something fun to do with our readers while everyone is focused on the insanity of the holidays, and something that nobody else in Fort Collins would do. We came up with this giveaway and it spiraled into 27 businesses pitching in to create an incredible prize pack for one lucky winner. We had over 5,500 entries, and it was a blast!
Since it was so much fun, we keep up with it every year. It’s a great way for the winner of the whole pack to have an opportunity to experience Fort Collins at its fullest – everything from food, family, fitness – and all local businesses.
All of the bloggers in The Scoop Blog Network write about the aspects of Fort Collins that they love the most – the history, arts, food, outdoors – the stuff that makes our city enjoyable. We create places online for people to learn about what makes Fort Collins “Fort Collins” and you know what? It’s all of us that make our city what it is. With this giveaway, we’re connecting readers together with ideas, businesses, neighbors, and community. That right there is the fun.
This is also a time for us as a network to get a bunch of feedback from our readers. In the giveaway questions we always ask what we can do better. And then we try to accomplish that goal. Here’s what we did in 2015 thanks to all of your constructive criticism:
1. More photos
We upgraded to a galleries option in our new theme and added Instagram to our social media repertoire.
2. Mobile-friendly design
While we didn’t have enough funds to create a whole new website that merged all of the blogs, we did upgrade our theme so that we could achieve this goal.
3. Update the happy hour list more often
We did that thanks to Lianna and her Happy Hour Fort Collins app!!
4. Best Of or top recommendation lists
We still need to be better at this. I started guides on Fresh Air Fort Collins, but not so much on Feasting Fort Collins. However, we have some actionable plans for 2016 that we’re working on.
5. More guest posts
We created guest post guidelines, and the door is open, but it seems that people really aren’t keen on writing.
6. Better search functions
Our new theme has helped, but we could maximize/clean up category lists better this year.
7. More music info on Entertaining Fort Collins
Done – much more music than other arts. Still keeping balance with other forms of art and culture, though!
8. More beginner guide posts on Fresh Air Fort Collins
Done – adventure guides are on the homepage!
9. Font sizes are difficult to read
Fixed with new theme!
10. More before and now posts on Forgotten Fort Collins
Done and done!
There were some things that we couldn’t knock out because it was way out of our budget. But I think we did the best we could with what we had.
We also started a new rule last year – the winner must take photos of themselves having fun in Fort Collins with all of these prizes throughout the year and send them over to me so we could live vicariously through them. Liz was our winner this year, and you can flip through her photos in the gallery slider to see what it was like.
We’re sticking to this rule again this year. The winner must agree to take photos of their Fort Collins adventures. And if you should happen to want to pass on an item (perhaps the winner doesn’t have kids), then we ask that you please pay it forward to a friend or family member and keep me in the picture loop with that, too.
So, without further ado – the giveaway logistics.
Here’s How It Works
We’re using this lovely Rafflecopter system to collect your entries. It will show you how much time is left to enter, how many people have submitted entries, and how many entries you’ve earned.
Each reader will get:
- two entries for telling us which is your favorite blog in the network
- five entries for telling us why they are your favorite
- five entries for giving us more constructive criticism
- five entries for sharing your thoughts on subscriptions
- one entry for every blog account you follow on social media
- three entries each for signing up for newsletters
- five entries for every time you tweet this contest to your friends on twitter (entrants can do this once a day)The more entries you have, the higher your chances of winning! One reader will be randomly selected and emailed to pick up the most epic prize pack given away in Fort Collins. The winner must be 21 years or older, because we have a bottle of whiskey in the prize list.
Good luck, high-fives to our awesome readers, and thanks to all of the businesses who support us and made this giveaway possible!
Thanks to all of the businesses who supported us and made this giveaway possible! If your business would still like to participate, we are more than happy to add you to the list until the winner is picked. You can email me at Kristin@TheScoopBlogs.com
- Comedy Brewers
- Matador Mexican Grill
- Door 222
- Silver Paw Studio
- Nuance Chocolate
- Nancy Bond Insurance
- Three Four Beer Company
- Magic Bus Tour
- Harbinger Coffee
- The Goodness
- Cafe Vino
- Leading Learners
- Loco Bueno
- Higher Ground Rehearsal Studio
- Feisty Spirits
- The Farmhouse
- Fort Collins Tax Service, LLC – Jason Speciner, CFP
- Kids Town Drop In Child Care Center
- Prima Bodywear
- Miramont Lifestyle Fitness
- Reve Fitness
- Krazy Karl’s Pizza
- Cohere Bandwidth
- The Waffle Lab